100 in 100 – Will you join John Stott?
2021-2022 marks the centenary year of the birth of our founder, John Stott—a year long recognition not simply of a person, but more than that, a celebration of a global church that John Stott encouraged toward depth and maturity by the Word of God.
Did you know that it was John Stott’s own legacy gift—a gift of all royalties from his books—that launched this ministry and continues to train thousands of pastors and leaders to this day?
A Growing Legacy Family — 100 in 100!
As we mark the Stott 100, we are thrilled that almost 100 people around the world have joined John Stott and the Cross of Christ Legacy Fellowship by making a gift to Langham in their will. Praise God! We would love to reach 100 legacy gifts before the anniversary of John Stott’s birth on April 27.
Why include a legacy gift to Langham as part of your charitable gift planning? Below are five reasons why donors have chosen to include Langham in their legacy giving plans.
Five Reasons Why People Include Langham Partnership in Their Legacy Giving Plans:
- Worship – Giving to the Lord and His work is first an act of worship. As David says in 1 Chronicles, 29:
“Yours, Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all…. But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.”
- Partnership – By including Langham Partnership in a legacy gift that will strengthen the church around the world, we are saying that we are in partnership with God’s people in hard places. We are family.
- Increased Impact – For many, a legacy gift is by far the biggest gift they will ever make. By including Langham Partnership in your legacy giving plans, you may be able to make a truly transformative gift many times larger than any gift you could make in your lifetime.
- Gratitude – Generosity flows from a grateful heart. Many of our Cross of Christ Legacy Fellowship donors are overwhelmed with the Lord’s generosity and want to make a legacy gift out of the gratitude in their own hearts.
- Testimony – Your will and testament is a testimony of your deepest values, loves, and priorities. Including Langham and the global church in your will is a beautiful expression of God’s faithfulness to you and your love for His work around the world.
Would You Join Us?
If you have not yet made plans to include Langham in your will, would you prayerfully consider this type of gift? We would be happy to provide assistance as you make your plans, including connecting you with free charitable gift planning advisors. (Click here to learn more!)
And if you have included Langham in your legacy planning, would you share your decision with us? We would love to reach 100 legacy gifts before the anniversary of John Stott’s birth, on April 27—and to welcome you as a member of our Cross of Christ Legacy Fellowship!
Kevin VandenBrink, Planned Giving Director for Langham Partnership, is a Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP®) and a member of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners. He is passionate about helping people like you who care about the global church and long to be wise stewards. He also brings to the Langham team many years of engagement in theological education, pastoral ministry, and global missions.
Kevin would love to hear your story, celebrate what the Lord is doing through Langham, and visit with you about the options and benefits of including Langham in your planned giving. Please click here to send an email to Kevin, or call him at (314) 488-0256.